My Blog Editor is a professional website and blog content editing service for entrepreneurs, owners of small businesses and managers in Fortune 500 marketing and corporate communications departments. My Blog Editor helps businesses improve the quality and reach of their existing business content.
If you’re an entrepreneur or the owner of a small business you’re doing a million things to run your company. You may plan, create and publish content for your site, but is it the best it can be? If you’re not sure, ask yourself these questions:
- Is your website and blog writing clear, concise, credible and consistent?
- Are the pages containing your content (your text, photos, videos, audio, animations and/or illustrations) scannable? Is each web page and blog post formatted and edited so busy online visitors can quickly grasp what it’s all about and then choose to continue reading, watching and/or listening?
- Is your content optimized for search engines so it will rank higher on search engine pages and people can find it?
- Does your site include photos, videos or illustrations, and are they optimized for search engines?
- Do you follow a writing style guide?
- Do you know the best practices for using and checking links?
- Do you know how to expand your brand by repurposing content for social media?
If you’re not confident in your answers to these questions, you could benefit from the help of a content editor. Even just a little direction from a website and blog editor can go a long way in elevating your content quality and reach.
If you’re a manager in a Fortune 500 marketing or communications department, a content editor can help shoulder the burden of a never-ending stream of copy. Sure, professionals in most of these departments know how to produce quality content, but the amount they produce can be difficult to manage. When there’s a high volume of content, there’s a greater chance for mistakes. A content editor can lighten the content editing workload and edit or proofread copy to catch mistakes before they’re published, which protects a corporation’s brand. A content editor also knows how to edit corporate content for SEO and social media.
As owner of My Blog Editor, I meticulously edit and proofread all business content, making sure that it’s well written, free of errors, formatted for busy online readers and that it adheres to company style guides and branding standards. I ensure that content is optimized for search engines and also make suggestions for repurposing website and blog content for social media.
Quality business content is nonnegotiable.
Every sentence and phrase on your business website should be clear, concise, credible and consistent so your customers understand and trust you. Readers need to be able to find you in search engines and see your content extended in different formats on social media.
If you don’t have the support you need to elevate your content quality, consider getting it.
You can rely on my 30 years of expertise in content writing, editing and Associated Press style to make your business message shine – whether you need someone to edit your small-business website, blog and social media channels or proofread and edit your corporate communications pieces.
Darcy De Leon, My Blog Editor owner
I would absolutely recommend Darcy as a proofreader and editor!
“Before Darcy began proofreading corporate communications content for Phillips 66, there was an overabundance of work. From the moment Darcy came aboard, I was able to meet the growing demand of proofing and editing from all facets of the company. She was available and responsive at all times throughout the day. Darcy was able to proof creative work, article copy and even high-visibility documents like the company Fact Book.
Not only does Darcy have expert-level competency in AP style proofing and editing, but she also adapted to our own company style quickly. The consistency in editing isn’t just to eliminate errors, but to raise the overall level of our corporate communications.
I would absolutely recommend Darcy as a proofreader and editor! Her proficiency in her craft, combined with her availability and quick turnarounds make her services invaluable.”
– Ben Schatte, Functional Excellence advisor, Communications and Public Affairs, Phillips 66
Darcy does an exceptional job editing without changing the original voice of the article.
“Before Darcy began editing for joebody.com, we had a lot of content that was not consistent in grammar, punctuation or flow. Darcy was able to solve our issues with consistency in her editing and also create a style guide for future contributors, authors and editors.
She does an exceptional job editing without changing the original voice of the article. She is also very punctual with deadlines. Darcy’s editorial services allowed us to create content more rapidly since the workload of trying to edit our own articles was lifted. We are also confident that it will be consistent and up to our standard of content so we don’t have to stress or worry.
I would highly recommend Darcy as an editor. She is really professional, quick and generous with her time. She went above and beyond with everything we hired her to do. The style guide that Darcy provided was such a nice touch and very useful. I also appreciate the time she took to go over my writing with me and the notes she always includes to help me improve as a writer.”
– Joe Barbagallo, owner, JoeBody
I copy edit content for clarity, consistency, accuracy, intent, grammar, spelling, punctuation, flow, Associated Press style and client style guidelines.
I edit using the AP Stylebook, the gold standard of writing style manuals used by professional journalists, corporate communicators and business owners. Following the AP Stylebook and a company style guide gives business content consistency. Consistency builds consumer trust, and trust strengthens your company brand.
If you don’t have a company-specific style guide, I’ll teach you how to create it. Every business needs one.
I teach you basic search engine optimization techniques for every piece of content so that each piece is more likely to be found by your audience.
I also suggest ways to edit and reformat your website and blog content for social media.
Services and Pricing
Anything with words, including:
- Blog posts.
- Website pages.
- Social media posts.
- Photo and video cutlines.
- Maps, charts and graphs.
- Marketing collateral.
- Company fact sheets.
- Executive biographies.
- Annual reports.
- Stockholder agendas.
- Website and blog metadata titles and descriptions for SEO.
- Visit my Services and Pricing page and pick a plan to meet your company’s needs. If you need a more customized plan, contact me here.
- Once your payment is received, I’ll contact you, and you’ll send me your written content for editing.
- I’ll return my edits (with explanations) on the same business day or next business day, depending on my schedule.
What to expect
You can expect high-quality content editing that:
- Eliminates errors so they don’t appear online.
- Ensures text is clear, concise, credible, consistent and “scannable” (easy to read quickly).
- Results in better flow and transitions.
- Corrects inconsistencies or errors in company style and brand guidelines.
- Integrates search engine optimization to drive internet traffic to your site.
- Includes explanations of edits using the Track Changes feature in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Pro editing tools for PDFs.
- Includes suggestions for repurposing website and blog content for social media.